Friday, June 26, 2015

Bear Hollow to VT 108

10.8 miles

Top of White Face
This was a hard day. I was tired, terrain was very rough and my feet were still wet. They had been wet since Haystack a few days back. I stopped for a long rest on White Face Mountain and was bummed as I looked out over all the mountains I had to cross. I was going to meet Mom at VT 108 and we were going to head up Mansfield, so had been texting her with updates. My phone was a little over half charged, my battery block for recharging it was out. It took me a while to get going. Mom texted me around 12:30 to let me know she was on here way up to meet me. I made the Trail Magic raman on top of Madonna peak and it was so fricking good! It was a good 15 minute stop and cold. I had to put my down puffy (coat) on. 

Elephant Peak
Trail ziggurut, cooool!
Camille had texted me earlier and I could tell she was waning. It is hard to convey how grueling this part of the trail is. There are descriptions in the Green Mountain info, but without context, how do you know??? The paths are rocky, muddy, full of tree roots and rock scrambles. Very demanding. The views are beautiful and serene, but the path too them anything but!

I had gotten word from the B&B I stayed in at Stowe, that I would pass by a great deli, Eidelweiss. So I picked up a pastrami special called the Montreal, a bag of salt and vinegar chips, 2 gatorades and 2 croissant pastries. They were met with enthusiasm and appreciation. Well worth the extra effort it to to carry it up 4 mi rough terrain. At least my pack was much lighter on the way down!


Soooooo hungry and glad to see Mom and what she brought!

Moose tracks for real!





No comments:

Post a Comment