Thursday, June 25, 2015

Corliss to Bear Hollow

15 miles


Beautiful watching the world wake up!
Mom's hike down John Po15 miles


Lamoille River flood. 
I got an early start, 6:50 am and was more than half way (8 mi) by 11:30. The afternoon went slower. I ran into a dad and son thru hikers at Prospect Rock. They really wanted beta about what was ahead so I took a break to chat with them. Found the raman at the suspension bridge (Trail Magic, again!) so took a break there to put it in my pack. Had to stop again to take my shoes off to cross a flooded river, then stop to put them back on. After doing that, I realized that Leo, a hiker a few days back, said there was a detour to avoid the high water. It really was no big deal, came up to my calves for about 10 feet before I could rock hop again. 

Weeeel, this explains a lot.
Moose trax!
Trail shadows! My last hike in Green Mt...
I think! 
I saw this sign on my way to moving the car. That explains a lot. Those large piles of grape size doo doo, just maybe.....!

I knew this would probably be my last hike in the Green Mountains before leaving Camille and heading home. Lots of mixed emotions. I am so amazed at this daughter of mine! Excited for the adventures and challenges she will have. But also, can't help but be anxious for her safe return home!




Butterfly on Whiteface Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment